- What league will OHYA play in? Girls Western Athletic Conference (GWAC). For more information visit www.gwacsports.com
- Why do costs increase for older kids? Beginning with the 1st/2nd grade teams will have increased umpire fees and full softball uniforms.
- Will coaches be required to attain sponsors? At OHYA, we are committed to letting the coaches do what they do best, instruct kids. Sponsorships are certainly important, as they assist in keeping costs affordable for our parents, but they will not be the responsibility of coaches.
- What will the OHYA uniforms look like? At OHYA, we feel strongly about our Oak Hills community and support of our school district. The uniforms that our teams will wear will proudly be the Oak Hills colors, Red, Black, and White.
- How many teams will be at each age level? OHYA will have at least one team at each of the combined grade levels: Prek/K, 1st/2nd, 3rd/4th, 5th/6th, 7th/8th
- How and when do I sign my child up? You can sign up online by clicking the online registration box on the OHYA Softball page. Registration starts December 1, 2018 and continues until February 20, 2019.
- What equipment will be provided? Each team will have uniforms, balls, catchers equipment, bases, pitcher’s mounds, helmets, bats and training supplies such as batting tees. .
- Can students from outside OHLSD be on a team? Any new player on a team must be a resident of OHLSD. If an existing team had a non resident on the roster that player will be allowed to continue to participate on that team.
Any additional questions please contact Stephanie Castleman at steppieJo2008@yahoo.com